No. of Positions: 1+
Full Job Description
A Store Associate is a position responsible for supporting the Store Leadership Team in achieving all Company goals and initiatives. The Store Associate represents the brand, operates in a professional manner, engages customers, maintains store standards and supports teamwork. The Store Associate has a direct reporting relationship to the Store Leadership team.
- Aware of customer activity and responds with a sense of urgency, prioritizing assisting customers over other tasks
- Greets and acknowledges customers while providing the appropriate level of service
- Exercises sound judgment in effectively addressing customer concerns
- Demonstrates exceptional selling skills
- Provides fast, friendly and accurate service at the service desk while educating customers on the benefits of the PLACE Card
- Maintains appropriate stock levels and ensures that all sizes and styles are represented
- Follows Company standards of merchandise presentation, signage and display
- Embraces responsibility of assigned tasks
- Supports maintaining a clean, organized and efficient stockroom while adhering to TCP standards and safety requirements
- Performs daily housekeeping duties to TCP standard
- Guarantees Company assets by ensuring adherence to all Loss Prevention procedures
- Proactively contributes to creating a team atmosphere that is flexible and enjoyable
- Constructively shares suggestions, ideas and concerns with appropriate Store Leadership
- Exhibits flexibility by working as member of stock team, if necessary
Education and Experience:
- Retail experience preferred
Business Knowledge and Critical Skills:
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated passion for customer service
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business; could include overnight, evening, weekend and call-in shifts
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom; climb ladder, lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Must be 18+ years of age.
Please apply in store or online at ChildrensPlace.com. Select US-MI-TROY to apply to the Oakland Mall location.